We have heard many people say that they do not know what our Party stands for. Or that we don’t communicate our offering to the Canadian public.
One recent initiative to meet this need was the creation of our What we stand for page with links to policies adopted by the Party during the 2012 biennial. Now, as part of the recent strategic planning process, the National Board of Directors is soliciting your feedback on the Party’s proposed mission, vision, values and principles.
These statements were developed with the following sources:
• Preamble of the Party’s 2012 Constitution
• 2011 National Riding Rebuilding Roundtable report
• Reports from the Ottawa 2012 “Resilience of the Liberal Ideal” sessions: roundtables and open mic
• “Building a Modern Liberal Party”, by Alfred Apps, former National Party President
• Feedback from National Board members
• Proposals submitted by individual members to Board members
• Strategic plans submitted by EDA’s, PTA’s and Commissions
• Members’ comments on liberal.ca, the Liberal online community and on other websites
• Statements by Liberal Caucus
Tell us what you like about these, what can be improved, and what your suggestions are. I simply ask that you keep your responses as brief and concise as possible so that we have time to go through all of them. Please share your feedback in the Liberal online community either by responding to my post or with the hashtag #WeAreLiberals by October 5.
Here they are… our proposed statements. We look forward to reading your comments.
National Policy Chair