All Canadians with taxable income receive generous tax credits when they donate to the Liberal Party of Canada. The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If this is your first contribution this year, your contribution of $0.00 entitles you to a tax credit of $0.00
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75 per cent refund;
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400;
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33 1/3 per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year.
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,500 in any calendar year to each registered political party;
- No more than $1,500 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns);
- No more than $1,500 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.
For more information about tax credits please visit the Revenue Canada website and for more information about contribution limits, please visit Elections Canada.