Registration now open!
The 2018 National Liberal Convention will welcome thousands of supporters from across Canada for innovative campaign training, policy discussions, special keynote speakers, and the election of the party's next National Board.
The Prime Minister is not taking seriously the sacred obligation to our veterans. This Conservative government has repeatedly failed those who have served our country and their families. The facts are clear.
December 3, 2014
• Almost 1,000 Veterans Affairs staff cut by the Conservatives since 2008 – that’s nearly a quarter of the department’s workforce that is supposed to support our veterans.
• Nine veterans’ service centres closed, while the Conservatives continue to tell our veterans and Canadian Armed Forces that they are enhancing services.
• $1.13 billion unspent by Veterans Affairs since Mr. Harper took office – money that was supposed to fund services for our veterans and their families.
• Urgently needed funding for veterans’ mental health services stretched out over the next 50 years – not six, as veterans were told by Conservative Ministers.
• One in five veterans forced to wait more than eight months for help from this government, as the Auditor General revealed last week. He even concluded that Veterans Affairs is largely unconcerned with “how well veterans are being served and whether programs are making a difference in their lives.”
• Promising to hire 54 mental health professionals for our Canadian Armed Forces, but two years later, nearly half of the positions remain unfilled. The military had a solution, but the Conservatives said no.
We have a social covenant with those who serve and their families. Liberals’ priority is ensuring that our Canadian Armed Forces and veterans have nothing less than the best of care and support from a grateful nation.
Share this story on
Like this? Get More! Sign up below ▾
The Liberal Party of Canada is 100% funded by grassroots donors like you.
Give Monthly Transform our movement locally and nationally with an easy, hassle-free, monthly donation to the Victory Fund.
Laurier Club Join the Laurier Club with an extraordinary donation of $1,500 or $125/month (youth rates also available).
Join Laurier Club
One-time Donation Stop the Conservative Party from rolling back our progress for a stronger middle class - and ensure we're ready for 2019.